A Primitive Methodist Congregation worshipped in the Orange Hall behind the present church from 1863-1880.
The Craig sisters who lived in a log house adjacent to the church donated land for a new church. Hence, a new Primitive Methodist Church was built in 1880.
Later in 1892 the church was enlarged and decorated and a large drive shed was built on the land.
In 1925 the Methodists, Congregationalists and some Presbyterians joined to become the United Church of Canada. A circuit of several area churches was formed.
More improvements followed in 1950 and in 1951. The circuit name was dropped and “The East Peel Pastoral Charge” was formed which included Salem and Sandhill Churches.
In 1962-63 Friendship Hall was built to accommodate the influx of children. The Orange Hall was purchased in 1977 by the Trustees of the United Church and was later dismantled in 2013 .
Caledon East United Church became a single point charge in 1987.
In 1990-91 two new offices were constructed, one for the secretary and one for the minister.
In 2008 the kitchen at Caledon East was renovated.
In 2015 Caledon East United Church increased ministry support and decided to move ahead to serve a growing community.